1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report in October.
2. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing Item, the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the CTD will report on the progress of work in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
3. The development assistance aspects of cotton — Periodic Report by the Director-General
The Director-General will report on the state-of-play in cotton development assistance since his last report to the Council in November 2011. His report is contained in document WT/GC/149 — WT/CFMC/DG/5.
4. Aid for Trade — Preparations for the Fourth Global Review — Statement by the Director-General
The Director-General will update the Council about the on-going preparations for the Fourth Global Review of Aid for Trade, which will take place in 2013.
5. Work Programme on Electronic Commerce — Review of Progress
In line with the Decision on the Work Programme on Electronic Commerce (WT/L/843) adopted by Ministers at the Eighth Session of the Ministerial Conference, the General Council will hold a review of the progress on the work programme.
6. Ukraine's Article XXVIII notification — Statements by ASEAN, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Egypt, European Union, Guatemala, Hong Kong China, Iceland, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Paraguay, Switzerland, Turkey and the United States
Australia, on behalf of the Members above, requested that this item be placed on the agenda (WT/GC/150).
7. Ninth Session of the Ministerial Conference — Statement by the Chair
The General Council Chair will make a statement concerning the dates for the Ninth Ministerial Conference, which will take place in Bali, Indonesia, in December 2013.
8. WTO Accessions — 2012 Annual Report by the Director-General — Statement by the Director-General
The Director-General will introduce his report on accessions contained in WT/ACC/19.
9. Improving the Guidelines for Granting Intergovernmental Organizations Permanent Observer Status in the WTO — Statement by the Chair
The General Council Chair will provide an update on her consultations on this matter.
10. Review under Paragraph 8 of the Decision on the Implementation of Paragraph 6 of the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health — Report of the Council for TRIPS
The Chairman of the TRIPS Council will report on its annual review on the functioning of the system set out in the Decision on the Implementation of Paragraph 6 of the Doha Declaration on the TRIPS Agreement and Public Health.
11. Waivers under Article IX of the WTO Agreement
(a) Introduction of Harmonized System 2002 changes into WTO Schedules of Tariff Concessions — Draft Decision (G/C/W/672/Rev.1)
(b) Introduction of Harmonized System 2007 changes into WTO Schedules of Tariff Concessions — Draft Decision (G/C/W/673)
(c) Introduction of Harmonized System 2012 changes into WTO Schedules of Tariff Concessions — Draft Decision (G/C/W/674)
(d) Kimberley Process Certification Scheme for Rough Diamonds — Extension of Waiver — Draft Decision (G/C/W/675/REV.2)
(e) Review of Waivers pursuant to Article IX:4 of the WTO Agreement
12. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration — Reports on meetings of October and November and 2012
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee's reports on its meetings in October and November 2012 (WTO/BFA/133 and 134, respectively) and seek the Council's approval of a number of specific recommendations.
13. International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO — Report of the Joint Advisory Group on its Forty-sixth Session
Following a report on the CTD's consideration and action on this matter, the Council is expected to adopt the JAG report.
14. Review of WTO Activities
The General Council will conduct its annual review of WTO activities, in line with the Decision concerning procedures for an annual overview of WTO activities and for reporting under the WTO (WT/L/105).
15. Appointment of Officers to WTO bodies — Announcement by the Chairman pursuant to paragraph 7.1(A) of the Guidelines (WT/L/510)
In line with the Guidelines for the Appointment of Officers to WTO bodies (WT/L/510), the Chair will announce that she will be starting consultations on the appointment of officers to WTO bodies, assisted by the serving Chair of the Dispute Settlement Body and former Chairs of the General Council.