Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
This is a standing Item on the Agenda. The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report in May.
2. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing Item, the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the CTD will report on the progress of work in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
3. Transparency for Preferential Trade Arrangements
— Report by the Chairman of the Committee on Trade and Development
The Chairman of the CTD will report on the Committee's consideration of this matter since his last report in December 2009. The latest extension for this work expires in July 2010.
4. The Financial and Economic Crisis and the Role of the WTO — Communication from Argentina, Ecuador and India (WT/GC/W/617 and
Add.1) — Statement by the Chairman
Further to the Council's consideration of this matter at its last meeting, the Chairman will report on his recent consultations on how to take it forward.
5. Waivers under Article IX of the WTO Agreement
(a )Argentina — Introduction of Harmonized System 1996 changes into WTO Schedules of Tariff Concessions — Request for an Extension of the Waiver (G/C/W/632)
Review of waivers pursuant to Article IX:4 of the WTO Agreement
6. International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO — Report of the Joint Advisory Group on its Forty-third Session
The Chairman of the CTD will report on that Committee's consideration and action on this matter. The Council is expected to adopt the JAG report
7. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee's reports on its meetings in May (WT/BFA/116) and July (WT/BFA/117), and seek the Council's approval of the specific recommendation in paragraphs 20, 23 and 25 of WT/BFA/116.