WTO PUBLIC FORUM 2013
All too often, discussions about how to stimulate innovation and technological advancement are theoretical. This session will break the mould. Senior business leaders from a cross-section of global, innovative companies will share their insights about the innovative process and its evolution, challenges they face in managing intellectual assets across borders, partnerships and other channels for technology diffusion, and enabling policy environments that best support the broad deployment of new products and services. The speakers will identify factors that can accelerate the diffusion of technology solutions and associated know-how, particularly to emerging countries. They will discuss what governments can do to attract investment and build a strong domestic absorptive and innovative capacity. The session is organised as a conversation amongst the speakers, which will be facilitated by the moderator, as opposed to a series of presentations. Ample time will be provided for Q&A.
- Alistair Scott, Vice President Intellectual Property, Airbus
- Robert DeBerardine, General Counsel, Sanofi North America
- Allison Mages, Senior IP, Procurement and Policy Counsel, General Electric (GE)
- Sean Murphy, Vice President and Counsel, Qualcomm
- Mr. Brian Lowry, Deputy General Counsel, Monsanto