WTO PUBLIC FORUM 2018
Visions for trade
During the 2018 Public Forum, entitled Trade 2030, participants were invited to share their visions for trade. These visions serve as a reminder of their hopes and aspirations for a future of trade that is sustainable, inclusive and leaves no one behind. The visions were pinned to a "Vision tree" located in the WTO's Atrium. The tree has subsequently been planted by DDG Alan Wm. Wolff in the grounds of the WTO.
- Inclusive trade, especially for youth & women.
- A diverse & inclusive environment that caters to the needs of all especially the most vulnerable in society & addresses the needs of SIDS!!
- Filled with happiness.
- Sustainable collaboration.
- To be strong and move to the goals!!!
- A just multilateral trading system and not trade wars.
- Fair trade always!
- Trade to complement the efforts of bringing basic needs to those who need it in forgotten parts of the world.
- To see a world without hunger.
- Still happening (with more from LDCs).
- Innovation and clarity for Russia.
- Gender inclusive Trade Policy.
- Every countries' right to produce food for its own population.
- A multilateral trading system with a focus on inclusiveness.
- The year by when all global trade will be free, there will be no tariffs or NTBs or subsidies and all can compete on the merits.
- Trade that promotes inclsuive, sustainable development and enabling a healthy environment.
- A renewed and reinvigorated global trading system!
- That it connects people and reduces poverty.
- Having more developed countries supporting developing countries in respect of TFA.
- Facilitate trade for SMEs and women.
- Service-driven, with manufacturing solely by robots. Requisite retraining for humans, of course.
- Leveraging technology to revolutionize and simplfy current systems.
- Open data to end hunger.
- Fair rights for artists.
- Equitable and Sustainable Trade.
- No tariffs for clean technologies.
- Inclusive & Sustainable.
- Sustainability and SDGs. All of them. They will contribute to a better world and increase of trade.
- Utilizing the Human Potential
- Free food 4 all.
- Improved livelihoods for farmers and their families.
- More globalized. Embrace trade, embrace globalisation. Nobody can stop the trend.
- A Multilateral Trading System where trade rules are crafted to maximise inclusive development and not trade per se.
- International trade that works for all people, especially women and Indigenous peoples!
- Innovations in IT.
- That social and ecological aspects are included in trade talks. Food has to be seen as a sensitive good.
- Inclusive trade that helps to reduce poverty and increase welfare.
- Do things I love, the rest outsourced and automized!
- Place SMEs at the heart of trade policy.
- One where there are opportunities for economic empowerment. Independence!
- The multilateral trading system we all know and love.
- To help all people receive the full benefits of trade #SheTrades
- Fluid and with diversified players
but from every little village.
- Pro fair and inclusive trade scenario!
- Sustainable practices and free trade in clean tech. Trade for environment and people not just for itself.
- Trade that is shaped by those that will be affected by it - the youth. Their voice must be heard!
- Fair Trade.
- Belarus finally joins the WTO.
- Everyone, women or men, rich or poor, can participate in trade!
- Trade that creates a healthy planet.
- Inclusive and involves all especially my continent AFRICA! It's about time we benefit.
- Based on and functioning with multilateral rules.
- Green, Sustainable and Inclusive Trade.
- Ecommerce provides jobs, possibilities, products, profits for Africa 2030
- True free trade in the Libertarian sense.
- Inclusive and sustainable, where the food security is achieved fully and where all the countries can participate fully to the global trade!!
- Free shipping and no commissions on transactions.
- That Africa becomes a major player, 4 international trade.
- True development results that are equitably distributed and aligned with SDGs.
- Seeing smallholder farmers getting access to AgTech.
- Fairness :)
- Quantum computing driving trade networks.
- Sustainability resilience!
- More globalized. Inclusive and sustainable.
- 1$ for 30 Roubles.
- More leadership, women leadership.
- OPEN DATA TO END HUNGER
- Fantastic First Time hope that support more innovation.
- Hope we will have still good fruit and wine.
- That every entrepreneur in the world will be able to sell to anyone around the globe ONLINE!
- Every country has the right to produce food to its own population. Free-trade agreements must acknowledge this!
- E-commerce for MSMEs.
- Des innovations, et du progrès.
- Carbon neutral.
- More important.
- Sustainable and we use less plastic things around the world.
- Going to be sustainable in a world in peace and without poverty.
- A more inclusive place for developing countries.
- Easy Market access for the LDCs.
- Más inclusivo y justo.
- Seamless trade and no trade war.
- Super developed technologies leading the world commerce in peaceful manner.
- To support the environment and provide equitable benefits for all.
- To include people who can benefit from it.
- WTO is stronger than ever and multilateralism is the norm!!!
- The creation of an inclusive trading system that especially recognizes the role of women in the world economy.
- That Russian sanctions are removed.
- Fair and open to each economy, without tensions and retaliations.
- Give an electricity to vulnerable populations.
- More technologies and progress.
- Utopia, as utopia is just the realization of the future.
- Libre comercio para mypimes.
- Free trade that allows in the developing world.
- Trade without borders.
- Equity among nations.
- To promote sustainable value networks in the Agribusiness network. Produce and consume responsibly.
- Trade that takes into account the particular difficulties faced by small developing states.
- The perfect storm of AI, 3D printing & blockchain.
- A very pertinent and interesting event, that will inspire and give hope for many countries regarding trade.
- A more inclusive trading system geared towards development.
- Inclusive and alleviates poverty.
- That Africa will be viewed as a continent with potential rather than a beggar. Trade for All!
- For young leaders to step up!
- Wish CO2 FREE WORLD.
- More trade in services.
- Trade supports inclusivity.
- Un commerce qui nous rapproche au lieu de nous éloigner les un des autres.
- Developed tourism in Africa.
- A TRULY MORE INCLUSIVE TRADE SYSTEM.
- Organic products are tariff-free, economic growth & less environmental damage.
- More women in international trade.
- Free to blossom and bloom for mankind.
- An inclusive trade where women are found in senior levels of GVC's and not only in the bottom positions.
- Time travelling for future trade.
- Diálogos abierots.
Implementación práctica de políticas públicas.
Articulación del sector privado.
- Más libros, más lectura, más profundidad, menos immediatez!
- Un commerce plus équitable et moins d'inégalités entre tous les pays.
- Commerce Equitable - Equité.
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.