Road to Sustainability: A Time Capsule for Green Trade
During this year's Public Forum, we are dedicating a sustainability-themed time capsule that will be opened in 2050. It seeks to preserve a snapshot of the current efforts to make trade greener and more sustainable and embodies our dedication to dialogue and progress.
The WTO Time Capsule contains the following:
- Introductory note from WTO Director-General Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
- Letter from Ambassador Molokomme, Chair of the General Council, to the future Chair
- A copy of the 2023 World Trade Report
- Artwork inspired by public responses to "How can we make trade greener by 2050?"
- A photo of the Secretariat staff
- Badges of 2 current employees
- A token of the SDGs
- A Lego satellite from the World Meteorological Organization
- Plastic alternatives from the Dialogue on Plastics Pollution and Environmentally Sustainable Plastics Trade
- List of Article XII Members and currently acceding governments
- Bookshop item
Let's leave behind a fitting legacy for the future. It is time for action!