INFORMAL WORKING GROUP ON MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM-SIZED ENTERPRISES (MSMES)
The network will seek to update regularly the Trade4MSMEs website, a platform that helps small companies find trade-related information and improve their ability to trade internationally. The platform also helps policymakers design measures tailored to the needs of small companies. Trade4MSMEs can be accessed here.
Ambassador José Luis Cancela of Uruguay, Coordinator of the Informal Working Group on MSMEs, said the objective of the Trade4MSMEs network is to facilitate further collaboration among international organizations, to identify new tools to help MSMEs trade and to explore the possibility of joint projects. The network plans to meet annually to maintain regular communication and to discuss new opportunities.
At the launch of the network, 12 organizations provided reports on their recent trade-related initiatives for small business.
The organizations participating in the network are:
- Asian Development Bank
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Inter-American Development Bank
- International Labour Organization
- International Telecommunication Union
- International Trade Centre
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
- United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law
- World Customs Organization
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- World Bank