WORK WITH OTHER INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Some 80 to 90 per cent of world trade relies on trade finance (trade credit and insurance/guarantees), mostly of a short-term nature. The WTO is seeking to encourage the revival of the complex links and networks involved in the trade finance market in order to keep finance flowing for trade, thereby mitigating at least one reason for the shrinkage of trade flows.
back to top
back to top
- Working with other organizations
- Long term work building institutions through A4T
- Short term contingency work: G20 financing
- Expert group on trade finance. Recommendations of the Experts Group are reported to the Working Group on Trade, Debt and Finance
- Working Paper — The Impact of Basel III on Trade Finance:The Potential Unintended Consequences of the Leverage Ratio
- Working Paper — Restoring trade finance during a period of financial crisis: Stock-taking of recent initiatives
- Working paper — Boosting trade finance in developing countries: What link with the WTO?
- Research paper — Boosting the availability of trade finance in the current crisis: Background analysis for a substantial G20 package