Commemoration of the 25th Anniversary of the Customs Valuation Agreement
In commemoration of the 25th Anniversary of the Customs Valuation Agreement (CVA), the Chair of the Committee on Customs Valuation, Mr Carlos Guevara (Ecuador), will preside over a seminar including presentations by delegates and other customs experts on their perspectives and experiences with the CVA.
The seminar will be comprised of two sessions. The first session – "Experience with the CVA over the past 25 years" – will feature speakers who take stock of certain aspects of the CVA. The second session – "Looking ahead at the future of the CVA" – will consist of speakers reflecting on their perspectives on the CVA going forward. Time will be reserved at the end of each session for questions and answers and discussion among participating Members.
This event will be held on Tuesday, 17 November from 15:00-16:45 CET and will be hosted virtually on the Interprefy platform.
15:00 – 15:05
- Carlos Guevara – First Secretary, Permanent Mission of Ecuador to the WTO, Chair of the Committee on Customs Valuation
Experience with the CVA over the past 25 years
15:05 – 15:55
- Ping Liu – Director, Tariff and Trade Affairs Directorate, World Customs Organization
"The WCO and the Customs Valuation Agreement"
- Kelly Cristina Silva Morgero – Tax Auditor, Coordination-General of Customs Administration, Special Secretariat of the Federal Revenue of Brazil
"Updating Valuation Regulations and Upholding the CVA"
- Jean-François Bédard – Manager, Commercial and Trade Branch, Canada Border Services Agency
"Transparency under the Customs Valuation Agreement"
- Qianyu Lin – Deputy Director of Customs Valuation, Division of Shenzhen Customs, China
"Uniformity in the Implementation of the CVA in China"
- John Malone – Senior Customs Expert
"Value in Global Trade: Stability and Change, Gains and Benefits of a Rules-Based System"
Looking ahead to the future of the CVA
15:55 – 16:40
- Jean-Michel Grave – Head of Unit E.5 "International Affairs II", Directorate-General for Taxation and the Customs Union, European Commission
"Changes in Trade Patterns – A Challenge for CVA"
- Lee Yok Yong – Assistant Director of Customs, Valuation Management Branch, Royal Malaysian Customs Department
"Administering Advance Rulings on Customs Valuation Effectively"
- Messan Kuassivi – Director of Legislation, Revenue Authority, Togo
"Modernization of Togo Customs"
- Tom Voege – Head of EU Affairs & Customs and Transport Lead, International Chamber of Commerce
"Customs Valuation – A Private Sector View"
- Suja Rishikesh Mavroidis – Director of the Market Access Division, WTO
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.