file in Excel format.
Guide to downloading
You should download this document rather than calling it into view through
the browser since the formatting may change (eg. paragraph numbering) when
viewed through the browser.
Criteria used in compiling the table:
voice telephone are broken down by market segment (local, long distance, international)
and also show the whether or not the commitment is to be phased in on a date subsequent to
the entry into force of the results as a whole. For other service sub-sectors listed
in the table, although commitments on these may also be subject to such distinctions, the
table entries are simplified and therefore do not reflect these; the relevant details are
usually provided in the highlights of schedules. Therefore, for the sub-sectors
other than voice telephone, the table lists it as subject to commitment if the schedule
indicates that (i) it may be supplied by at least two or more suppliers, (ii) it may be
supplied in at least one market segment, (iii) it is committed upon entry into force of
the results or through phased-in implementation, and (iv) it may be supplied on
either as a public service or on a non-public (e.g. closed-user-group) basis.
(1) Key to categories used for listing commitments
on public voice telephone services:
L = Local
LD = Domestic long-distance
I = International
( ) = Phased-in commitments
R = Resale of public voice
(2) Includes circuit switched and/or packet switched
(3) Includes analog and/or digital.
(4) Includes personal communication services, paging, and/or mobile data
(5) Where these are indicated the schedule concerned explicitly listed these services as
separate entries. However, it is important to note that some schedules may
implicitly cover such services in their commitments.
(6) Incorporated the Reference Paper on regulatory principles with few, if any,
(7) Included some portions of the Reference Paper or independently drafted
(8) Commitments made conditional upon the passage of relevant national
(9) Commits to improve offer once pending national legislation has been adopted.
(10) Phase-in of facilities-based voice service applies for Greece, Ireland, and
(11) Where no public voice telephone commitments are indicated, voice over closed user
groups is nonetheless committed.
(12) Commits to review the possibility of allowing market access for additional suppliers.