TECHNICAL BARRIERS TO TRADE: INFORMATION
TBT official documents
Work on technical regulations,
standards and conformity assessment procedures in the WTO is handled by the
TBT Committee, which reports to the Council for Trade in Goods. Discussions
are officially recorded in summary reports (minutes) of the Committee’s
meetings and in its annual reviews.
Use the links below to search for TBT documents, or go to the TBT Information Management System, which offers a wide range of search criteria. Subscribe here to receive TBT documents by e-mail, usually once a week.
Work in the TBT Committee
The TBT Agreement stipulates that the Committee shall review:
- annually the implementation and operation of the Agreement taking into account its objectives.
- at the end of each three-year period, the operation and implementation of the Agreement, including the provisions relating to transparency, with a view to recommending an adjustment of the rights and obligations of the Agreement where necessary.
The current chair of the TBT Committee is .
TBT documents use the code G/TBT/* (where * takes additional values)
These links open a new window: allow a moment for the results to appear.
> help with downloading these documents
- Minutes of regular meetings of the TBT Committee (Document code G/TBT/M/*) > search
- Annual reports of the TBT Committee (Document code varies) > search
- Annual reviews of the implementation and operation of the Agreement (Document code varies) > search
- Triennial reviews of the implementation and operation of the Agreement (Document code varies) > search
- Decisions and recommendations adopted by the TBT Committee since 1 January 1995 (Document code G/TBT/1/Rev*) > search
Other official TBT documents
Receive TBT notifications by e-mail: In addition to the usual means of circulating TBT notifications, the Secretariat is now sending them electronically to an automatic mailing list. This will usually be done once a week. Interested persons can subscribe to the mailing list by following the instructions below. The notifications are sent only in the original language (English, French or Spanish). > subscribe