TECHNICAL BARRIERS TO TRADE: INFORMATION
Side event on international regulatory cooperation (IRC)
This Side Event is organized by the delegation of Chile. The aim of the side event is to raise awareness of how IRC promotes an effective implementation of the TBT Agreement.
- Chile: Mr. Ivan Favereau; Chargé d'Affaires, Deputy Permanent of the Mission of Chile to the WTO.
- WTO: Ambassador Alan Wm. Wolff, Deputy Director General of the WTO.
Moderator: Ms Esther Peh (Singapore, former TBT Chairperson)
- New Zealand: Ms. Amanda Stirling, Senior Policy Advisor, Trade and Regulatory Cooperation, Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment of New Zealand. Introduction to the regulatory cooperation toolkit and experiences learned in the Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Arrangement (TTMRA).
- OECD: Ms. Céline Kauffmann, Deputy Head, Regulatory Policy Division, OECD Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate. IRC and its contribution to regulatory quality.
- Chile: Mr. Gaston Fernandez, Head of the Regulatory Department, General Directorate of International Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile. Lessons learned in the negotiation of the Pacific Alliance on IRC.
- LEGO Group: Mr. Bongki Engel, Senior Director, Government & Public Affairs, EMEA Trade Opportunities of IRC: One voice from the toy industry.
- Canada: Mr. Brennen Young, Director, Regulatory Cooperation, Regulatory Affairs Sector, Treasury Board Secretariat. Good regulatory practices as the basis of regulatory cooperation: Canada's national experience regarding IRC in regional initiatives such as RCC.
Q&A / Debate:
Contributions, questions and comments from the floor will be welcome (30-40 minutes).