technical barriers to trade
Thematic Session on Good Regulatory Practice
Hybrid 15/11/2022 – 10:00
This thematic session will explore the latest progresses made by Members in their domestic regulatory frameworks and on the mechanisms of GRP adopted that contribute to the improved and effective implementation of the TBT Agreement.
It will also explore the latest developments on the inclusion of GRP and regulatory cooperation provisions in trade agreements. As many Members have such provisions in their trade engagements, this session will be an opportunity to better understand these provisions as well as their anticipated and actual results.
Preliminary Guiding Questions
Domestic implementation of GRP
- Considering the decisions and recommendations of the TBT Committee on GRP, what recent progress have Members made in their domestic regulatory frameworks on GRP? Are there any specific examples that have directly contributed to improved and effective implementation of the TBT Agreement?
GRP in trade agreements
- Which GRP provisions are being included in recent trade agreements negotiated by Members and why?
- How can these provisions support Members' compliance with WTO obligations? What benefits do they provide (generally and trade-related) and what are the challenges in their implementation?
- Could you share concrete examples of GRP provisions from trade agreements that have been implemented?
- What can Members learn from the regulatory modernization efforts of other Members and available international resources to improve their regulatory practices?
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.