A trade Dialogues CONFERENCE AT THE WTO
Conférence sur l'utilisation des données dans l'économie numérique
Session I: Welcome remarks and objective of the conference
9:15-9:30 — Robert KoopmanChief Economist and Director of Economic Research and Statistics WTO
Session II: What do we know and where are the gaps?
9:30-11:00 — Panel discussion by selected academics, representatives of business, think tanks and international organizations.
Moderator: Marcelo Olarreaga, University of Geneva
- William Drake, Professor, University of Zurich
- Stephen Ezell, Vice President, Global Innovation Policy, Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Javier Lopez Gonzalez, OECD
- Michael Mandel, Chief Economic Strategist, Progressive Policy Institute
- Joshua P. Meltzer, Senior Fellow, Brookings
Session III: Use of data by business
11:00-12:30 — Presentation and panel discussion by selected companies from the manufacturing sector.
Moderator: Michael Ferrantino, World Bank
- Thaddeus Burns, Senior Counsel, IP Trade & Investment, General Electric
- Winston Griffin, Vice President, Global Corporate Privacy Compliance Project Leader, Procter & Gamble
- Eugenia Laurenza, Senior Public Affairs Manager, Trade and Competition Policy, Huawei
12:30-14:00 — Lunch
14:00-15:30 — Presentation and panel discussion by selected companies from the services sector.
Moderator: Kimberley Botwright, World Economic Forum
- Murali Karthik, Head of Digital, Tata Consultancy Services Europe
- Nick Bramble, Deputy Head of Global Trade Policy, Google
- Rita Mokbel, VP Sales, Information and Communications Technology, Ericsson
- Sahra English, Vice President, Global Public Policy, Mastercard
- Simon Wilkie, Chief Economic Policy Officer and Chief Economist for Public Sector, Microsoft
15:30-16:00 — Coffee and tea
16:00-17:30 — Presentation and panel discussion by selected companies from the telecommunications sector.
Moderator: Kornel Mahlstein, Sidley Austin
9:30-11:00 — Presentation and panel discussion by selected e-commerce companies
Moderator: Martha Lawless, USITC
- Pat Bajari, Vice President and Chief Economist, Amazon
- Federico Gasparotto, Commerce Strategy Lead at Accenture Interactive, Swiss E-commerce Association
- Julie Laurens, Global Head of Ecommerce, Pernod-Ricard
- Fayeg Tadros, President & CEO, 1Point Commerce
11:00-11:30 — Coffee and tea
Session IV: Measuring and understanding the value of data
11:30-13:30 — Presentation and discussion by national statistical authorities and international organizations on their efforts to better measure and understand the use of data by firms and its economic effects.
Moderator: Scarlett Fondeur Gil, UNCTAD
- Nick Ashton-Hart, Executive Director, Internet & Digital Ecosystem Alliance
- Martin Schaaper, Senior ICT Analyst, ITU
- Michael Ferrantino, Lead Economist, World Bank
- Carsten Fink, Chief Economist, WIPO
- Martha Lawless, Chief, Services Industry Research, USITC
- Satoko Kagawa, Technical Officer, WCO
- Andreas Maurer, Chief of International Trade Statistics, WTO
- Andrew Wyckoff, Director, OECD
13:30-14:30 — Break
Session V: The way forward
14:30-15:30 — Panel discussion to identify a set of research and policy issues or themes for future work, establish a network interested in carrying on this work, and time and venue of next conference
Moderator: Robert Koopman, WTO
- Nick Ashton-Hart, Internet & Digital Ecosystem Alliance
- Scarlett Fondeur Gil, UNCTAD
- Michael Mandel, Progressive Policy Institute
- Joshua P. Meltzer, Brookings
- Marcelo Olarreaga , University of Geneva
- Andrew Wyckoff, OECD
Des problèmes pour visualiser cette page?
Veuillez écrire à firstname.lastname@example.org en indiquant le système d’exploitation et le navigateur que vous utilisez.