La mutation verte peut-elle créer de nouvelles possibilités de commerce?
Mounting environmental challenges, not least climate change, pollution and habitat loss, threaten livelihoods, human well-being and the natural environment. Bold action to tackle these challenges can give rise to sizeable trade and economic benefits by unleashing technological innovation, investment in sustainable and resilient infrastructure and increased resource productivity. Building on the co-publication by the WTO and UN Environment on "Making Trade Work for the Environment, Prosperity and Resilience", speakers will address the following questions:
- How can markets and global trade become more effective in supporting the delivery of ambitious targets for climate, oceans and conservation?
- How is the global energy system changing and what are the implications for trade?
- How can trade be mainstreamed into green growth strategies?
- Why is investment in quality infrastructure a "win-win" for trade and the environment?
The Green Transition: a driver to expand trade opportunities?15h00 - 16h30
- Orestes Anastasia (Global Green Growth Institute)
- Francisco Boshell (International Renewable Energy Agency)
- Steven Stone (UN Environment)
- Karsten Steinfatt (WTO)
- Hoe Lim, Director, Trade and Environment Division, WTO