COMMERCE ET ENVIRONNEMENT: 12 NOVEMBRE 2012, GENÈVE
Atelier sur la diffusion des technologies environnementales
(uniquement en anglais)
Téléchargez les fichiers (uniquement en anglais) en format Powerpoint ou Word.
> Consulter le guide pour le téléchargement des fichiers.
10:00-10:15 Opening Remarks by Ambassador Krisda Piampongsant, Chair of the Committee on Trade and Environment
10:15-11:30 General Session: Dissemination of Environmental Technologies
Based on national experiences and presentations by relevant international institutions and the private sector, this session will discuss the current situation, opportunities and challenges related to environmental technologies dissemination, commercialization, and access, including: their contribution to sustainable development; the role of intellectual property; trade and investment; barriers to trade; technical assistance, transfer of technologies and capacity building activities.
- Mr. Ivan Haščič, Economist, Empirical Policy Analysis Unit, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, Environment Directorate, Paris, France
- Mr. Robert Hamwey, Economics Affairs Officer, Trade, Environment, Climate Change and Sustainable Development Branch, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Geneva
- Mr. Vicente Yu, Programme Coordinator, Global Governance for Development, South Centre, Geneva, Switzerland
- Ms. Jennifer L. Brant, Executive Director, Innovation Insights, Geneva, Switzerland
11:30-12:30 Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Technologies
The session will discuss the various themes outlined in the general session as they apply to carbon capture and storage technologies.
- Mr. John Scowcroft, General Manager, Global CCS Institute, European office, Paris, Norway
- Mr. Stig Svenningsen, Assistant Director General, Norway Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, Oslo, Norway
- Dr. Florian Kern, SPRU-Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom
14:30-16:15 Low Emission Technologies
The session will discuss the various themes outlined in the general session as they apply to low emission technologies, including technologies to reduce energy consumption, and renewable energy technologies.
- Mr. Pär Olsson,Vice President Purchasing, Flexenclosure, Stockholm, Sweden
- Mr. Martin Huemer, Policy Officer, European Commission, DG Research and Innovation, Brussels, Belgium
- Mr. Francisco Boshell, Analyst, Innovation and Technology Centre, International Renewable Energy Agency, Bonn, Germany
- Mr. Joachim Monkelbaan, Programme Officer, Global Platform on Climate Change Global Platform, International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development, Geneva, Switzerland
- Ms. Wanna Tanunchaiwatana, Officer-in-Charge, Finance, Technology and Capacity Building programme, United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Bonn, Germany [Video Presentation]
16:15-17:50 Waste Management and Water Treatment Technologies
The session will discuss the various themes outlined in the general session as they apply to waste management, waste water management and water re-use technologies.
- Dr. Harvey Houng, CIH, Researcher, Department of Waste Management, Environmental Protection Administration, Chinese Taipei
- Mr. Hans Saveyn, Scientific Officer, Institute for Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre, European Union Commission, Sevilla, Spain
- Dr. Martin Wellacher, Research Associate, Komptech GmbH, Frohnleiten, Austria
- Dr. Mushtaq Ahmed Memon, Programme Officer, International Environmental Technology Centre, United Nations Environment Programme, Osaka, Japan
17:50-18:00 Concluding Remarks by Dr. Harsha Vardhana Singh, Deputy-Director General