bstÁculos TÉcnicos al Comercio
Sesión temática sobre los procedimientos de evaluación de la conformidad
At the Eighth Triennial Review, Members agreed to continue to hold thematic sessions in conjunction with its regular meetings during 2019 to 2021, with a view to further deepening the Committee's exchange of experiences on specific topics, and to hold a session on conformity assessment procedures (CAP) in March 2019 with a focus on: post market controls (e.g. market surveillance) and other pre-market controls; and risk assessment.
This thematic session was moderated by: Mrs. Elisa Olmeda (Mexico)
- United States: Post Market Surveillance for Consumer Product Safety in the United States, Beverly Kohen, Director of Field Investigations, U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (via video conference).
- China: Introduction to the Latest Development of the Reform of the China Compulsory Certification System, Mr. HAO Xin, State Administration for Market Regulation.
- European Union: Enforcement of Legislation on Products: the Market Surveillance Framework in the European Union, Mr. Christophe Roeland, Policy Officer, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission.
- European Union: Enforcement of legislation on products: French organization for market surveillance, Mr. Tanguy Larher, Head of the Office for Products Regulation, French Ministry for Economy and Finance.
- Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu: Risk Assessment through the Life Cycle of Medicinal Products, Mr. Pang Te LIN, Associate Researcher, Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- United States: PREDICT: A risk-based tool for regulated products, Ravi Bharwani, Advisor, Global Regulatory Policy, U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Japan: Product Accident Information, Ms. Kuniko Ishigami, Deputy Director, Office for Economic Partnership for Standards and Conformity Assessment, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry.
- Australia: Challenges to conformity assessment models of changing supply chains – some Australian experiences, Ms Jennifer Evans, Chief Executive Officer, National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA)
- United States: UL – Trusted Partner in Market Surveillance, Karen Grunstra, Global Government Affairs Senior Specialist, Underwriters Laboratories