In the Eighth Triennial Review Members agreed to hold a workshop on the role of gender in the development of standards. This workshop took place virtually on Zoom on 8 December 2020. The recording of the event is here.
The workshop was moderated by H.E. Mr. Stephen de Boer, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Canada to the WTO
WTO Members' perspective, experiences and best practices on including gender considerations in standards development, and how it relates to trade
- Understanding Why Gender Matters for Standardization, Ms Gabrielle White and Ms Michelle Parkouda, Standards Council of Canada (SCC)
- Towards gender equality: a developing country perspective, Ms Jodi Scholtz, South African Bureau of Standards (SABS)
- Gender consideration in the EU, Ms Silvia Vaccaro, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- Gender and standards initiative in European standardisation, Ms Deborah Wautier, CEN‑CENELEC
Work and activities of international organizations on the subject
- SheTrades Initiative, Ms Judith Fessehaie, Policy and Data Lead ITC
- Gender-Responsive Standards Initiative, Mr. Mika Vepsalainen, Chief, Market Access Section, Economic Cooperation and Trade Division, UNECE
Real-world examples of how gender considerations have been taken into account in standards development
- Gender Responsive Standards and Car Safety, Prof. Astrid Linder, Research Director, Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute
Si tiene problemas para visualizar esta página,
sírvase ponerse en contacto con email@example.com, y proporcionar detalles sobre el sistema operativo y el navegador que está utilizando.