1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
This is a standing Item on the Agenda. The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report to the Council in November 2013.
2. Preparatory Committee on Trade Facilitation — Report by the Chairman
At Bali, in their Decision on the Agreement on Trade Facilitation (WT/L/911 — WT/MIN(13)/36), Minister established a Preparatory Committee on Trade Facilitation. Under this Agenda item, the Council will hear a report by the Chairman of the Preparatory Committee.
3. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing Item, the Chairperson of the CTD will provide a report on the progress in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
4. Improving the Guidelines for granting Intergovernmental Organizations Permanent Observer Status in the WTO — Statement by the Chair
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on this matter.
5. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee’s report on its meeting in February (WT/BFA/141), and seek the Council’s approval of the specific recommendation contained therein.
6. WTO Pension Plan Management Board - Election of Chairman, Members and Alternates
The Council will be invited to elect the Chairman, Members and Alternates to Management Board of the WTO Pension Plan for a three-year term, as per the Chairman’s proposal in WT/GC/W/679.
7. Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies
The Council is expected take note of the consensus on the slate of names for chairpersons of WTO bodies in Groups 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Annex to the Guidelines for the Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies (WT/L/510).
8. Election of Chairperson
The Council will elect its Chairperson for 2014.