Short Answers to Big Questions on the WTO and the Environment
"Short Answers to Big Questions on the WTO and the Environment" aims at improving understanding of the role of trade and trade rules with regards to environmental issues. It seeks to answer, in easy-to-understand terms, some of the key questions of the trade and environment debate as they relate to the multilateral trading system.
The publication is not an exhaustive analysis of the issues covered but rather an attempt to provide basic information and examples to answer some common questions raised about trade and the environment.
It provides answers to the following questions:
1. What are the links between trade and the environment?
2. Do WTO commitments prevent governments from protecting the environment?
3. Since WTO rules do not prevent environmental action, what do they say?
4. Can governments provide green support?
5. What is the role of the WTO in furthering members’ environmental policies?
Published in 2020.
Download full publication
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.