The Proposed Agenda can be found in document WT/GC/W/631 and contains the following items:
1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
This is a standing Item on the Agenda. The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report in December.
2. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing Item, the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the CTD will report on the progress of work in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
3. Review of the exemption provided under Paragraph 3 of the GATT 1994 (WT/L/810 and Corr.1)
The Council will conduct the two yearly-cycle review of the United States' exemption under Paragraph 3(a) of GATT 1994 (the so-called “Jones Act”). Paragraph 3(a) of GATT 1994 provides an exemption from Part II of GATT 1994 for measures under specific mandatory legislation — enacted by a Member before it became a contracting party to GATT 1947 — which prohibits the use, sale or lease of foreign-built or foreign-reconstructed vessels in commercial applications between points in national waters or waters of an exclusive economic zone.
4. WTO Pension Plan — Election of Members to the Management Board — Proposal by the Chairman of the General Council (WT/GC/W/630)
The Council will elect two Members to the Management Board of the WTO Pension Plan.
5. Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies
The Council will take note of the consensus on the slate of names for chairpersons of WTO bodies in Groups 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Annex to the Guidelines for the Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies (WT/L/510).
6. Election of Chairperson
The Council will elect its Chairperson for 2011.