> See General Council news archive for older meetings
This document has been prepared under the Secretariat’s own responsibility and is without prejudice to the positions of Members or to their rights or obligations under the WTO.
The Proposed Agenda can be found in document WT/GC/W/695 and contains the following items:
1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
This is a standing Item on the Agenda. The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report to the Council in December 2014.
2. Implementation of the Bali Outcomes — Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on the implementation work concerning the Bali Decisions in the respective Councils and Committees.
3. Protocol Amending the TRIPS Agreement: Update on Status — Statement by the Director-General
The Director-General will make a statement on the current state of play of the Protocol.
4. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing Item, the Chairman of the CTD will provide a report on the progress in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
5. Review of the Exemption Provided under Paragraph 3 of the GATT 1994 (WT/L/948)
The Council will conduct the two yearly-cycle review of the United States’ exemption under Paragraph 3(a) of GATT 1994.
6. Waivers under Article IX of the WTO Agreement
a. Jordan — Request for a Waiver relating to the Transitional Period for the Elimination of the Export Subsidy Program for Jordan (G/C/W/705) — Statement by the Chairman of the Council for Trade in Goods
Pursuant to Article IX:3(b) of the Marrakesh Agreement, the Chairman of the Goods Council will make a statementt on the Goods Council’s consideration of this matter.
7. WTO Young Professionals Programme — Statement by the Director-General
The Director-General will provide a statement on this matter.
8. Improving the Guidelines for Granting Intergovernmental Organizations Permanent Observer Status in the WTO — Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on this matter.
9. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration — Report on Meetings of February 2015 (WT/BFA/147)
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee’s report on its meeting in February (WT/BFA/147), and seek the Council’s approval of the specific recommendation contained therein.
10. Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies
The Council is expected take note of the consensus on the slate of names for chairpersons of WTO bodies in Groups 1, 2, 4 and 5 of the Annex to the Guidelines for the Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies (WT/L/510).
11. Election of Chairperson
The Council will elect its Chairperson for 2015.