1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
This is a standing Item on the Agenda. The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report in May.
2. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing Item, the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the CTD will report on the progress of work in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
3. Aid for Trade — Report of the Director-General on the Third Global Review
Under this item, the Director-General will make a statement on the Third Global Review of Aid for Trade, which took place on 18-19 July at the WTO. The focus of the Global Review was on showing results; drawing lessons about impact of Aid for Trade on the ground and surveying how best to maximize the potential of Aid for Trade in the future.
4. Work Programme on E-Commerce
(a) Effective Participation of Developing Countries in Electronic Commerce as a means to combat poverty — Communication from Cuba, Ecuador and Nicaragua (WT/GC/W/635 — G/C/W/650 — WT/COMTD/W/179)
The proponents will introduce the joint communication on the effective participation of developing countries in e-commerce, which was submitted to the General Council, to the Goods Council and to the Committee on Trade and Development.
(b) Review of progress (S/C/35)
In line with the Ministerial Decision on the Work Programme of Electronic Commerce (WT/L/782) adopted at the Seventh Ministerial Conference, the General Council is to hold periodic reviews of the progress on the Work Programme in preparation for the next Ministerial Conference. Deputy Director-General Singh, who has been dealing with the work programme on behalf of the General Council Chairman and his predecessors, will report on progress in this area,
5. Eighth Session of the Ministerial Conference — Statement by the Chairman
Audio > help
The Chairman will report on the consultations he has undertaken with the aim of developing the more concrete parameters for the Eighth Ministerial Conference, which will take place in Geneva on 15-17 December 2011
6. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration — Report on meetings of June and July 2011 (WT/BFA/124 and 125)
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the reports and seek the General Council's approval of the recommendations contained therein.
7. Waivers under Article IX of the WTO Agreement
Review of waivers pursuant to Article IX:4 of the WTO Agreement
In accordance with paragraph 4 of Article IX of the WTO Agreement, “any waiver granted for a period of more than one year shall be reviewed by the Ministerial Conference not later than one year after it is granted, and thereafter annually until the waiver terminates.”
There are nine waivers before the General Council for review (for the full list, see WT/GC/W/636).
8. International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO — Report of the Joint Advisory Group on its Forty-fourth Session
The Chairman of the CTD will report on that Committee's consideration and action on this matter. The Council is expected to adopt the JAG report.