This document has been prepared under the Secretariat’s own responsibility and is without prejudice to the positions of Members or to their rights or obligations under the WTO.
The Proposed Agenda can be found in document WT/GC/W/744 and contains the following items:
1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee and Report by the Director-General
With respect to this item, an informal TNC and HoDs meeting will take place on 7 May to continue discussions on the way forward in Members' work following MC11. In this meeting, the Director-General will provide an introductory briefing on his activities and the Chairs of Negotiating Bodies will report on their recent activities, which will be followed by a discussion among Members.
2. Implementation of the Bali, Nairobi and Buenos Aires Outcomes – Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on the implementation work concerning the Bali, Nairobi and Buenos Aires Decisions in the respective Councils and Committees.
3. Work Programme on Small Economies – Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
The Chairperson of the CTD will provide a report on the progress in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
4. Selection of New Appellate Body Members – Statement by China
5. United States of America – Section 232 Investigations and Measures on Steel and Aluminium Products – Statement by China
6. United States of America – Investigations and Measures under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974 – Statement by China
Agenda items 4-6 are on the agenda at the request of the delegation of China.
7. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration – Report on Meeting of March 2018
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee's report on its meetings in March (WT/BFA/171).
8. WTO Pension Plan Management Board – Election of a Member and an Alternate – Proposal by the Chairman of the General Council
The General Council will take up the proposal by the Chairman contained in WT/GC/W/743 involving the election of a Member and an Alternate of the WTOPP Management Board.
N.B. Some of the links on this page may not work initially but will be activated later as the documents become available in Documents Online.
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact email@example.com giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.