> See General Council news archive for older meetings
This document has been prepared under the Secretariat’s own responsibility and is without prejudice to the positions of Members or to their rights or obligations under the WTO.
The Proposed Agenda can be found in document WT/GC/W/724 and contains the following items:
1. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report to the Council.
2. Implementation of the Bali and Nairobi Outcomes — Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on the implementation work concerning the Bali and Nairobi Decisions in the respective Councils and Committees.
3. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
The Chairperson of the CTD will provide a report on the progress in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
4. Appointment of Officers to WTO Bodies — Negotiating Group on Market Access, Council for Trade in Services Special Session and Preparatory Committee on Trade Facilitation — Statement by the Chairman
The Chairman will make a statement regarding his consultations on the Appointment of the Chairpersons of the above-mentioned WTO Bodies.
5. Eleventh Session of the Ministerial Conference — Date and Venue — Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on the consultations regarding the Date and Venue of MC11.
6. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration — Report on meeting of 16 September 2016
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee's report on its meeting in September 2016, and seek the Council's approval of the specific recommendations contained therein.
7. WTO Pension Plan — Election of the Chairperson of the Management Board
The Chairman will make a statement on the process involving the election of the Chairperson of the WTOPP Management Board.