Official and academic publications
The WTO Secretariat regularly prepares and contributes to official publications as well as conducts research on the relationship and intersection between trade policy and competition policy.
Selected official publications
- World Trade Organization. (2022). Trade Therapy: Deepening cooperation to strengthen pandemic defenses. The World Bank and the World Trade Organization (pp. 78-80, 94-95, and 137-139).
- World Trade Organization. (2022). TRADE4MSMES Policy Guides: Competition Policy.
- World Trade Organization. (2021). WTO contribution to the 2021 HLPF (pp. 27-28).
- World Health Organization, World Intellectual Property Organization, and World Trade Organization. (2020). Promoting Access to Medical Technologies and Innovation: Intersections between public health, intellectual property and trade (second edition) (pp. 96, 276-277).
- World Trade Organization. World Trade Reports:
Selected academic publications
Academic papers are prepared by the authors in their personal capacities and the views expressed should not be attributed to the WTO or its Secretariat and they are without prejudice to the views of WTO members.
- Anderson, Robert D., Pires de Carvalho, Nuno, Taubman, Antony. (2021). Competition Policy and Intellectual Property in Today's Global Economy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press-the WTO-WIPO.
- Anderson, Robert D. (2021). “Realising the Potential Synergies Between International Trade and Competition Policy: Carrying Forward the Vision”. In Frédéric Jenny. Standing Up for Convergence and Relevance. Published in Antitrust – Liber Amicorum – Vol. II.
- Anderson, Robert D., Kovacic, William, Müller, Anna C., Salgueiro, Antonella, and Sporysheva, Nadezhda. (2020). “Competition policy, Trade and the Global Economy: Current Developments and Issues for Reflection”. In The George Washington Law Review (88:6).
- Anderson, Robert D., Jones, Alison, and Kovacic, Bill. (2019). “Preventing Corruption, Supplier Collusion and the Corrosion of Civic Trust: A Procompetitive Program to Improve the Effectiveness and Legitimacy of Public Procurement”. In George Mason Law Review (26:4).
- Anderson, Robert D., Chen, Jianning, Müller, Anna C., Novozhilkina, Daria, Pelletier, Philippe, Sen, Nivedita and Sporysheva, Nadezhda. (2018). “Competition agency guidelines and policy initiatives regarding the application of competition law vis-à-vis intellectual property: An analysis of jurisdictional approaches and emerging directions”. In WTO Staff Working Paper ERSD-2018-02.
- Anderson, Robert D. (2015). “Making law in 'new' WTO subject areas: competition policy and government procurement”. In Gabrielle Marceau (ed.). A history of law and lawyers in the GATT /WTO: The Development of the Rule of Law in the Multilateral Trading System. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Anderson, Robert D., and Müller, Anna C. (2013). “Competition policy and poverty reduction: A holistic approach”. In WTO Staff Working Paper ERSD-2013-02.
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.