TRTA: TRADE-RELATED TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
The WTO E-Learning courses take full advantage of information technology and the Internet as a complement as well as an alternative to traditional training, enhances WTO outreach to academic institutions and individual students, and develops WTO-related training materials suited to distance learning.
The E-Learning programme is part of the WTO technical assistance and offers a range of online courses on trade-related matters in the WTO E-Learning website.
> Distance learning
The WTO E-Learning platform (https://wtolearning.csod.com) provides online training for developing countries and economies in transition, which have either WTO Member or Observer status. WTO E-Learning courses are a unique opportunity for participants to improve their trade-related knowledge from anywhere at any time. This flexibility allows participants to combine learning with their daily work.
Registration to the E-Learning courses and the E-Learning catalogue are displayed in responsive pages and are fully compatible with mobile devices. Registered participants benefit not only from the E-Learning materials prepared by WTO experts, but also from the continued monitoring and assistance of E-Learning trainers and Help Desk as well as participation in interactive activities. Upon successful completion of the course, registered participants can obtain a certificate signed by the Director-General.
The objectives of E-Learning courses are:
- to enhance the understanding of the role and importance of the WTO in the MTS;
- to explain specific WTO agreements with examples and case studies;
- to foster knowledge transfer through interactive course material with the pedagogical use of multimedia components;
- to discuss current issues related to the WTO and international trade with participants and WTO experts;
- to build capacity to find relevant information and documents on WTO-related issues;
- to facilitate the establishment of a network of professional contacts amongst participants and with WTO experts.
You can browse the E-Learning catalogue here and select courses that match your learning needs using the catalogue advanced search.