AGREEMENT ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT
Negotiations to revise the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA) also resulted in the Committee adopting a package of work programmes. These programmes are intended to assist in improving the implementation and administration of the revised Agreement. They may also provide input to further review/renegotiation of the Agreement at a later date.
Agreed work programmes
The specific agreed work programmes include:
- a programme to consider best practice with respect to measures and policies that the parties use to support the participation of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in government procurement
- a programme to address restrictions and exclusions in parties' coverage commitments under the Agreement
- a programme to enable parties to improve procedures followed in the collection and reporting of statistical data relating to the Agreement.
back to top
Future work programmes
In addition to the above programmes, the parties have also agreed to conduct future work, at a time to be determined, on the following subjects:
- a review of the use, transparency and the legal frameworks of public-private partnerships, and their relationship to covered procurement
- the advantages and disadvantages of developing common nomenclature for goods and services
- the advantages and disadvantages of developing standardized notices.