SANITARY & PHYTOSANITARY MEASURES: COMMITTEE
Major decisions and documents
This compilation brings together the major decisions and documents regarding the implementation of the Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures.
Downloadable files in MS Word, Wordperfect or pdf (portable document format).
> Guide to downloading files.
N.B. You should download these
documents rather than calling them into view through the browser since the formatting may change (eg. paragraph numbering) when viewed through the browser.
1. Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (Text of the SPS Agreement)
2. Committee's Rules of Procedure
Rules of Procedure for Meetings of the Committee on SPS Measures (G/L/170)
Rules of Procedure for Sessions of the Ministerial Conference and Meetings of the General Council (WT/L/161)
Working Procedures of the Committee (G/SPS/1)
4. Decision on the Implementation of Article 4 of the Agreement on the Application of SPS Measures (Equivalence) (G/SPS/19/Rev.2)
5. Guidelines to Further the Practical Implementation of Article 5.5 (Consistency) (G/SPS/15)
6. Guidelines to Further the Practical Implementation of Article 6 (Regionalization) (G/SPS/48)
7. Recommended Procedures for Implementing the Transparency Obligations of the SPS Agreement (Article 7) as of 1 December 2008 (G/SPS/7/Rev.4)
8. Procedure to Enhance Transparency of Special and Differential Treatment in Favour of Developing Country Members (G/SPS/33/Rev.1)
9. Ministerial Decision on Implementation-Related Issues and Concerns (WT/MIN(01)/17)
10. Report on Proposals for Special and Differential Treatment (G/SPS/35)
11. Actions Regarding SPS-Related Private Standards (G/SPS/55)
12. Procedure to Encourage and Facilitate the Resolution of Specific Sanitary or Phytosanitary issues among Members in Accordance with Article 12.2 (G/SPS/61)
13. Catalogue of instruments available to WTO Members to Manage SPS Issues (G/SPS/63)