Programa de Comercio para la Paz
El objetivo del Programa de Comercio para la Paz es poner de relieve la función del comercio y la integración económica para promover la paz y la seguridad. El Programa aboga por la colaboración entre las comunidades que se ocupan del comercio, la paz y los asuntos humanitarios a fin de ampliar las oportunidades para propiciar la paz y la estabilidad mediante el sistema multilateral de comercio.
Newsback to top
The Trade for Peace Programme grew out of the launch of the g7+ WTO Accessions Group at the 11th WTO Ministerial Conference in Buenos Aires in December 2017. The Group, which now consists of nine least-developed countries (LDCs) seeking to join the WTO, aims to facilitate the integration of fragile and conflict-affected economies into the multilateral trading system.
The goal of the Trade for Peace Programme is to assist countries in transitioning from fragility or conflict to stability and economic well-being. It aims to achieve this through: (i) political engagement, (ii) public dialogue and outreach, (iii) research, and (iv) capacity building.
Currently, 23 countries are in the process of joining the WTO. Over half of the acceding governments are LDCs and/or fragile and conflict-affected (FCA) states.back to top
Trade for Peace Network
The Trade for Peace Network allows policymakers and other experts to exchange ideas and identify areas of collaboration which could support FCA states.
The Network aims to:
- provide a platform for regular exchange between policymakers and experts from the trade, peace and humanitarian communities to explore the nexus between the multilateral trading system, peace and security
- explore areas of collaboration and actions by members of the Network, within their respective mandates, to support FCA states seeking to join the WTO and to transition from a state of fragility towards stability and prosperity through integration into the multilateral trading system
- set the agenda and work programme for the Trade for Peace Programme, including collaborative research, training, outreach activities, and information and experience sharing among members of the Network.
The inaugural meeting of the Trade for Peace Network was held on 25 March 2021.back to top
- Cairo International Centre for Conflict Resolution, Peacekeeping and Peacebuilding
- Geneva Peacebuilding Platform
- International Chamber of Commerce
- International Committee of the Red Cross
- International Labour Organisation
- International Monetary Fund
- International Trade Centre
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- UN Economic Commission for Africa
- UN Peacebuilding Commission
- UN Technology Bank for LDCs
- World Bank Group
Private Sector and Civil Society Organizations
Trade for Peace Podcast
The Trade for Peace Podcast is a 30-minute conversation with trade for peace champions — global policymakers, entrepreneurs and innovators — committed to promoting trade as a key ingredient for lasting peace.
Trade for Peace LinkedIn page
Si tiene problemas para visualizar esta página,
sírvase ponerse en contacto con email@example.com, y proporcionar detalles sobre el sistema operativo y el navegador que está utilizando.