STATISTICS: INTERNATIONAL TRADE STATISTICS 2013
The complete publication “International trade statistics 2013” can be ordered from the WTO online bookshop.
Permission to make digital or hard copies of any information contained in these web pages is granted for personal or classroom use, without fee and without formal request.
Full citation and copyright notice must appear on the first page.
Copies may not be made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage.
To republish, to post on servers, or to redistribute to lists, requires prior specific permission and/or fee.
Any feedback on this page should be sent to [email protected]
- ACP African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States
- ASEAN Association of South-East Asian Nations
- AFTA ASEAN Free Trade Area
- BOP Balance of Payments
- BPM6 Balance of Payments Manual, sixth edition
- CACM Central American Common Market
- CARICOM Caribbean Common Market
- CEMAC Economic and Monetary Community of Central Africa
- CIS Commonwealth of Independent States, including associate and former member States
- COMESA Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa
- ECCAS Economic Community of Central African States
- ECOWAS Economic Community of West African States
- EFTA European Free Trade Association
- EU European Union
- EUROSTAT Statistical Office of the European Communities
- FAO Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- FATS Foreign Affiliates Statistics
- FDI Foreign Direct Investment
- GCC Gulf Co-operation Council
- GDP Gross Domestic Product
- GNP Gross National Product
- HS Harmonized Commodity Description and Coding System
- IEA International Energy Agency
- IMF International Monetary Fund
- ITC International Trade Center
- GTA Global Trade Atlas (IHS Markit)
- ISIC International Standard Industrial Classification
- LDCs Least-developed countries
- MERCOSUR Southern Common Market
- NAFTA North American Free Trade Agreement
- OECD Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- PA Pacific Alliance
- SAARC South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation
- SADC South African Development Community
- SAFTA South Asian Free Trade Arrangement
- SITC Standard International Trade Classification
- UNECE United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- UNECLAC United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean
- UNCTAD United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
- UNIDO United Nations Industrial Development Organization
- UNSD United Nations Statistics Division
- WAEMU West African Economic and Monetary Union
- c.i.f. cost, insurance and freight
- f.o.b. free on board
- n.e.s. not elsewhere specified
- n.i.e. not included elsewhere
The following symbols are used in this publication:
|...||not available or growth rates exceeding 500%|
|0||figure is zero or became zero due to rounding|
|$||United States dollars|
|Q1,Q2||1st quarter, 2nd quarter|
|break in comparability of data series. Data after the symbol do not form a consistent series with those from earlier years.|
Billion means one thousand million.
Minor discrepancies between constituent figures and totals are due to rounding.
Unless otherwise indicated, (i) all value figures are expressed in U.S. dollars; (ii) trade figures include the intra-trade of free trade areas, customs unions, geographical and other groups; (iii) merchandise trade figures are on a customs basis and (iv) merchandise exports are f.o.b. and merchandise imports are c.i.f. Data for the latest year are provisional.
The statistical data in this publication are supplied by and under
the responsibility of the relevant statistical authorities. In line
with the practice of the WTO Secretariat, this publication uses
the names of WTO members as listed in the latest revision to document WT/INF/43. References to other geographical territories and groupings are based solely on terms provided to the WTO Secretariat by WTO members and observers or terms used by relevant international organizations.
The use of such data and terms does not constitute or imply an expression of opinion by the WTO Secretariat concerning the status of any country or territory, or the delimitation of its frontiers, or sovereignty. The colours, boundaries and names shown and the designations used on maps in this publication do not imply any judgment, official endorsement or acceptance by the WTO Secretariat as to the legal status or frontier of any territory, or the rights and obligations of any WTO member in respect of WTO agreements. References and data relating to territories that are not WTO members or observers in their own right do not amount to an endorsement as to the WTO status, if any, of such territories.