Civil society at the Nairobi Ministerial Conference
NGO-organized activities and briefing sessions will take place at the NGO Centre located on the Comesa Grounds of the KICC.
Orientation briefing for NGOs on Monday 14/12 at 16:00 in the briefing room of the NGO Centre.
WTO members communiqués
- Minister Hayashi's Statement at ITA press conference
- ACP Ministerial Communiqué On The Tenth Session Of The WTO Ministerial Conference
- Fisheries Subsidies Ministerial Statement
- Cotton Four press release: trade negotiations on cotton
NGO Position papers
- CSO Kenya: Civil Society Organizations’ Priority Issues for the WTO MC10
- Vision 2030 Youth Entrepreneurship Project: The youth issue based position
- Declaration from Indian civil society on Mc10: In defence of peoples' rights at 10th WTO ministerial conference in Nairobi
- Swadeshi Jagran Manch: Call To Negotiating Parties And Global Leaders
- Prof. Ganesh S. Hingmire, Paresh Chinchole, GMGC, India: Can geographical indication consider for credible developmental
- Global Justice Now: Food Fight The story of rich country hypocrisy at the WTO
- Global Justice Now: From the roots up. How agroecology can feed Africa
- IBON International Foundation: Advancing the People's Trade Agenda
- ITUC and Global Unions: statement of priorities for the 10th WTO Ministerial Conference
- Réseau des Organisations Paysannes et des Producteurs Agricoles de l'Afrique de l'Ouest (ROPPA): Osons réformer l’OMC pour un développement équitable
- Our World is Not for Sale: Global Civil Society letter on the Nairobi Ministerial of the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Alliance Sud: The Nairobi Ministerial must not bury development
- Contribution des ONG belges: CNCD-11.11.11 - 11.11.11 - Oxfam Solidarité/solidariteit - FIAN Belgique - SOS Faim - Entraide et Fraternité - MAP (Mouvement d’Action Paysanne) – FUGEA – ADGembloux - IEW (Inter Environment Wallonie) - Broederlijk Delen – Vredeseilanden: Négociation agricole à l’OMC — Positions sur la Conférence ministérielle de Nairobi
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP): A 21st Century Ambition for International Trade (document only in English)
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP): letter signed by 17 US organizations to USTR Froman on the agricultural issues under WTO negotiation
- Joint business statement worldwide: Fresh momentum for the WTO: MC10 Nairobi must deliver
- Pro Humano Genere: Nairobi 2015 statement
The NGO Centre is located on the Comesa Grounds of the KICC. It offers briefing and meeting rooms, and a working area. All rooms will be equipped with WiFi. The WTO's External Relations team will be located in the NGO Centre.
The NGO Centre, its activities and facilities are only accessible for accredited NGOs.
- 14 December from 3pm to 6pm
- 15 December from 8am to 6pm
- 16-17 December from 8am to midnight
- 18 December from 8am to 8pm
Opening times of the NGO accreditation centre:
- 13 to 17 December 2015 between 10:00am and 8pm
- 18 December 2015 CLOSED
Activities at the NGO Centre
NGO-organized side events will be held in the NGO Centre. These events are public and any accredited individual may attend. The full programme will be published on this page closer to the Ministerial Conference. NGO-organized side-events will also take place at other venues near the Conference Centre. A programme will be available nearer to the start of the Conference.
Booking a room
NGOs will be able to book rooms using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: NGO Centre booking request + name of organization.
Please also indicate whether the request concerns a public or private meeting, as all meetings will be announced, unless they are private.
- In principle, meeting rooms are available for a maximum of 1.5 hour.
- Rooms will be allocated on a first come-first serve basis.
- The WTO secretariat reserves its right to refuse booking requests.
Announcements and information material
A large electronic notice board will be placed in the NGO centre where briefings and public meetings will be announced.
Tables will be available for NGOs wanting willing to display information material in the Centre.
NGOs wanting to conduct press conferences can do so in the NGO centre. They will be announced in the press centre.
In principle, the WTO External Relations team will brief NGOs at the end of each day of the Ministerial Conference.
An orientation briefing will take place in the NGO Centre in the afternoon of 14 December (time to be confirmed). The briefing will cover key logistical and other important information for NGOs regarding the Ministerial Conference.
Accreditation and badge collection
NGO registration is now closed.
NGOs accredited to the Nairobi Ministerial Conference
Some 232 non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from 49 countries are accredited for the Nairobi Ministerial Conference
The briefing notes are designed to provide background information on issues relevant to the Ministerial Conference.
DG Azevêdo urges flexibility and political will for a successful Ministerial Conference.