2021 Global Trade & Blockchain Forum
"Accelerating Trade Digitalization through DLT"
The year 2020 has been unlike any other. The COVID-19 pandemic has shaken the world, causing massive supply chain disruptions and threatening the lives of millions of people around the world, with a particularly devastating impact on small businesses. Major cases of fraud in the commodities sector have highlighted the vulnerability of opaque and paper-based supply chains.
How can we strengthen trade resilience? Can DLT help address the risks and inefficiencies in global supply chains? How can we accelerate trade digitalization to build back better? The event will review latest DLT developments in trade and trade finance and discuss how blockchain is being used to enhance transparency and efficiency of supply chains and trade transactions. It will explore the importance of digital identities to facilitate trade. Finally, it will provide an opportunity to discuss how trade digitalization can be accelerated to the benefit of all and the role that governments and international organizations can play to support the development of a regulatory and policy framework conducive to the deployment of this technology while mitigating the risks that may arise.
- John W.H Denton AO, Secretary General, International Chamber of Commerce
- Lew Chuen Hong, CEO of Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA), Singapore
Master of ceremony:
1. Trading in a pandemic Trade digitalization: a must have still to be fully realized
- Netta Korin, Founder of Hexa Foundation, Co-Founder of Orbs
- Deepesh Patel, Editorial Director, Trade Finance Global
- Aba Schubert, CEO, Dorae
- Atul Patel, Co-founder of dltledgers
- James Zhou, Chief Commercial Officer, Louis Dreyfus Company
2. Accelerating digitalization to support trade financing
- Idowu Akinde, Founder of Boolean Labs, Hyperledger Lead/Africa Chapter
- Mohua Banerjee, Senior Director, EdgeVerge, Head of Business for Finacle Blockchain
- Zulqarnain Javaid, CEO, UAE Trade Connect
- Vinay Mendonca, Managing Director, Global Head Product, Propositions & Structuring Trade and Receivables Finance, HSBC
3. Launch of the ITC-WTO online course on blockchain and trade
4. Digital identities: why do they matter for 21st century trade and what does DLT mean for digital identities?
- Chris Ballinger, CEO and Co-founder of the Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI)
- Nadia Hewett, Data Policy and Blockchain Project Lead, World Economic Forum
- Henrik Hvid Jensen, Senior Business Architect, Atea
5. Pulling it all together: making trade digitalization happen
- Luca Castellani, Legal officer in the Secretariat of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Sarah Green, Law Commissioner for commercial and common law, UK Law Commission
- Oswald Kuyler, Managing Director, ICC Digital Standards Initiative
- Parm S. Sangha, Global Blockchain Leader, Trade and Trade Finance, IBM
- Michael Vrontamitis, Co-chair of the ICC working group on the digitisation of trade