The Role of International Cooperation in Economic Resilience
The Economic Research and Statistics Division (ERSD) of the World Trade Organization is pleased to invite you to the 3rd webinar on Economic Resilience, entitled “The Role of International Cooperation in Economic Resilience”, on Thursday 29 April at 4:00-5:30 p.m. CET.
The growing number and negative economic impact of natural and man-made disasters, including the COVID-19 pandemic, have brought renewed attention to economic resilience, as a strategy to prepare for, cope with, and recover from local and global disruptions and shocks. Different public policies, including trade policy, can be designed and implemented to reduce risk, cushion the initial impact of shocks and support faster recovery.
In that context, the role of international cooperation in supporting and strengthening economic resilience is sometimes overlooked. Yet, international cooperation can leverage synergies and yield both individual and collective benefits. Building effective international cooperation is, however, challenging.
This webinar will gather experts from international and regional organizations to discuss the rationale for international cooperation on economic resilience, and the contributions and challenges of international cooperation to economic resilience.
Moderator: Michael Roberts (Head, Aid for Trade Unit, Development Division, WTO)
- William Hynes (Head, New Approaches to Economic Challenges Unit, OECD)
- Irina Zodrow (Head, Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement, UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Ekhosuehi Iyahen (Secretary General, Insurance Development Forum)
- Richard Wilder (General Counsel and Director of Business Development, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations)
- Lucian Cernat (Head, Global Regulatory Cooperation and International Procurement Negotiations, European Commission DG Trade)
Each speaker will make a 10-minute presentation followed by a 15-30-minute Q&A session.
This webinar is open to the public but registration is required. Please register here.
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.