South-South dialogue on LDCs and development
As of 2015, the China Programme also funds a 2-day ‘High-Level Annual Retreat’ with acceding LDCs and LDC WTO members and a select group of developing-country WTO members. At the retreat, participants will review the evolving pattern of South-South cooperation on trade, with a view of strengthening the coordination among LDCs, and between LDCs and developing economies in the context of concluding multilateral negotiations. Participants may also use the retreat as a forum to discuss and review objectives for forthcoming WTO Ministerial Conferences, LDC Trade Minister's meetings, and the Global Review on Aid for Trade.
Who prepares and organizes these ‘High-Level Annual Retreats’?
The Development Division in the WTO Secretariat, in close coordination with China, manages this pillar of the China Programme.
- The Fifth South-South Dialogue on LDCs and Development
16 May 2022
- The Fourth South-South Dialogue on LDCs and Development
16-17 September 2021
China's LDCs and Accessions Programme
Five key pillars:
- China WTO Accession Internship Programme
- Annual China Round Tables on WTO Accessions (CRTs)
- Increasing participation of LDCs in WTO meetings
- South-South dialogue on LDCs and development
- LDCs' Trade Policy Review follow-up workshops
China Programme Multimedia Corner
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.