> See General Council news archive for older meetings
This document has been prepared under the Secretariat’s own responsibility and is without prejudice to the positions of Members or to their rights or obligations under the WTO.
The Proposed Agenda can be found in document WT/GC/W/700 and contains the following items:
1. Accession of the Republic of Kazakhstan — Report of the Working Party
Following a statement by the Chairperson of the Working Party on the Accession of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the General Council will consider the Working Party Report in WT/ACC/KAZ/93 and Addenda 1 and 2. The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan is expected to address the General Council under this item.
2. Report by the Chairman of the Trade Negotiations Committee
This is a standing Item on the Agenda. The Director-General will report, in his capacity as Chairman of the TNC, on activities in this area since his last report to the Council in May 2015.
3. Aid for Trade — Report by the Director-General on the Fifth Global Review
The Director-General will report on the Fifth Global Review on Aid for Trade, which was held on 30 June to 2 July at the WTO.
4. Implementation of the Bali Outcomes — Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on the implementation work concerning the Bali Decisions in the respective Councils and Committees.
5. Work Programme on Small Economies — Report by the Chairman of the Dedicated Session of the Committee on Trade and Development
Under this standing item, the Chairperson of the CTD will provide a report on the progress in the Work Programme on Small Economies.
In line with the Decision on the Work Programme on Electronic Commerce (WT/L/907) adopted by Ministers at the Ninth Session of the Ministerial Conference, the General Council will hold a review of the progress on the work programme.
7. Tenth Session of the Ministerial Conference
Under this agenda item the General Council will consider some administrative matters for MC10, namely:
a. Election of officers
b. Attendance of observers from international intergovernmental organizations
8. Committee on Balance-of-Payments Restrictions — Consultations with Ukraine
The Chairman of the BOP Committee will report on its Consultations with Ukraine.
9. Improving the Guidelines for Granting Intergovernmental Organizations Permanent Observer Status in the WTO — Statement by the Chairman
The General Council Chairman will provide an update on this matter.
10. Waivers under Article IX of the WTO Agreement
The following waivers will be before the General Council for consideration:
a. Canada — Extension of the Waiver for the Caribbean Initiative: CARIBCAN — Draft Decision (G/C/W/710)
b. Review of Waivers pursuant to Article IX:4 of the WTO Agreement
i. LDCs — Article 70.9 of the TRIPS Agreement with respect to Pharmaceutical Products, granted on 8 July 2002 until 1 January 2016 (WT/L/478)
ii. Preferential Treatment for Least-Developed Countries, granted on 27 May 2009 until 30 June 2019 (WT/L/759)
v. Philippines — Special Treatment for Rice, granted on 24 July 2014 until 30 June 2017(WT/L/932)
11. Committee on Budget, Finance and Administration — Report on meetings of June 2015
The Chairman of the Budget Committee will introduce the Committee's report on its meeting in June (WT/BFA/149).
12. WTO Pension Plan
The General Council will consider the follow items related to the WTO Pension Plan:
a. Report of the Management Board for 2014 (WT/L/952) and Report of the Independent External Auditor on the Audit of the Financial Statements of the WTOPP (WT/L/953 and WT/L/953/Corr.1)
b. Election of two Alternates — Proposal by the Chairman of the General Council