technical barriers to trade
Thematic Session on standards development in Codex
Hybrid 15/11/2022 - 15:00
WTO Members and stakeholders will discuss standards development in the Codex with a view to deepening their knowledge of Codex's standard-setting activities, including in relation to TBT-relevant standards. Members will also be sharing experiences and good practices on how to better participate in these discussions with a view to increasing participation, including by developing Members.
Preliminary Guiding Questions
- What are the main standard-setting activities undertaken at the Codex Commission that have relevance in the area of technical barriers to trade?
- What are the main challenges and opportunities for the participation of members in the standard-setting activities of the Codex?
- How can developing countries be supported further in order to increase their participation in Codex's standard-setting activities?
- What recent developments in the Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS) are relevant from a TBT perspective, including in the area of conformity assessment procedures?
- What recent developments in the Codex Committee on Food Labelling (CCFL) are relevant from a TBT perspective?
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.