technical barriers to trade
Conformity assessment procedures
WTO members' use of conformity assessment procedures (CAPs) is a key area of work for the Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Committee. CAPs are used to determine whether products fulfil the requirements established by relevant technical regulations or standards, and are vital for trust in trade.
- Decisions and Recommendations G/TBT/1/Rev.15
- 9th Triennial Review G/TBT/46
- 8th Triennial Review G/TBT/41
Guidelines for conformity assessment procedures
WTO members are currently working on drafting guidelines for conformity assessment procedures based on a mandate from the TBT Committee.
Thematic sessions related to CAPs
- 8 March 2022 Thematic Session on Accreditation
- 8 March 2022 Thematic Session on Digital Solutions for CAPs
- 25 February 2020 Thematic Session on Conformity Assessment Procedures
Ninth Triennial Review
- Report, activities and background information are here.
Problems viewing this page? If so, please contact [email protected] giving details of the operating system and web browser you are using.